Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Graphic Novel did it for me

Witch & Wizard (Graphic Novel)
by James Patterson
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars



Imagine waking up to find that the world around you - life as you know it - has changed in an instant. That's what happens to Whit Allgood and his sister, Wisty. They thought that they were just a couple of normal teenagers, until their rude awakening at the hands of a dozen armed police! Charged with being a wizard and a witch, accused of having incredible powers they never dreamed possible, the siblings find themselves the targets of an upstart political regime, The New Order, which has swept the country and vowed to wipe "their kind" from existence. Now Whit and Wisty must fight for both their freedom and their lives as they unlock the powers burning inside of them!





Review: I'm a fan of James Patterson's young adult series "Maximum Ride" so I thought I'd love this new series when he released it. But, I tried to read the book and the Audiobook but couldn't seem to enjoy the story. So when I saw that there was a graphic novel I thought I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did because it was much better. I still felt the same way I did when I was reading the book, which was that it all started so quickly and we (as readers) are expected to just "get" what is happening. I like a book that gets right into the story but I don't like when things aren't really explained properly. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy this - I loved the illustrations and the humor. So I will continue reading the graphic novels

On the cover: I looove the cover, It makes me feel like kicking butt! The fire looks awesome.

Reading Next: Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

Have you ever tried a graphic novel after not enjoying the book?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...