Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dimitri or Adrian?



Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5)
by Richelle Mead
Rating: 4 out 5 stars

Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong...

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's-and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won't rest until Rose joins him... forever.





Review: Rose has graduated from St Vladimir's and has finally become a guardian, but will she become her best friend Lissa's guardian. In the previous book Rose was in Russia hunting down her beloved Dimitri after he had been turned Strigoi and while she was there she found out that it may be possible to turn someone from Strigoi back to their normal state. In this book Rose is continuing on her quest to find a way to make Dimitri himself again.

I loved the first three books in this series but found the fourth left me wanting. So I gave it a big break in between the fourth and this one. I'm glad I did because I really enjoyed this. I had also started to read the graphic novels for this series so it got me back in the mood to start it up again. At the end of the fourth book Rose decides that she should give a relationship with Adrian a go, which I couldn't wait to read about because I liked Adrian as a character. I do really love Dimitri but I didn't think that there was any coming back from being a Strigoi so, I thought it was good that Rose was moving on to Adrian. But that wasn't to be, through the whole book Rose can't seem to decide who she wants to be with. I really felt for Adrian because he is super sweet and so forgiving of Rose. Lissa has become a more likable character for me because she has become a stronger person since she's been using her spirit powers more. It's a bit sad that she only became likable in the second last book, she has always seemed a bit of a weak character to me.

A very unique thing that I really like about these books is the way you read the book in first person from Rose's point of view BUT she can also look through Lissa's eyes at any time (because of their bond) which gives you a third person point of view too. I found this to be a good way to develop the story when Rose may not be there at the time. As your reading the last few chapters and thinking to yourself that it's wrapping up nicely you're thrown a huge curve ball! I was like "WHAAAAA....!!" It left the book with a massive cliffhanger so I'm dying to see how the author is going to wrap up the series. The next book is the last one in the series so it will be very interesting.

In regards to my title of this blog post I won't tell you who Rose does or doesn't choose between hunky Dimitri or sweet Adrian, you will have to read it to find out......

On the cover: Ok, so one thing that really bugs me about these covers is that the people on the covers always look different. The people never look like any of the characters or they're always mixed, So I'm not really sure which character they're representing. I think this is meant to be Lissa & Christian??? But the dude doesn't look anything like Christian to me, so then I think maybe it's Rose & Adrian but then the chick looks nothing like I imagine Rose to look? Confused. Also, this kind of looks like a Mills & Boon novel - luckily it's too thick for people to think it's a Mills & Boon....

What I'm reading next: Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich


Have you read this series before? What do you think of the books?




1 comment:

  1. I have read and loved these books Sami (as you know!!). And you also know who I would choose out of Dimitri and Adrian...even though I do love them both :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...