Monday, September 10, 2012

The Nana's on the bus go.. Knit, Knit, Knit

Knitting isn't only for Nanas these days, everyone is giving it a go. Many years ago I went through a knitting craze and knitted myself three scarves. I recently caught the knitting bug again and went out and bought LOTS of lovely wool and different sized knitting needles. Scarves are as far as my knitting skills go but that doesn't stop me from knitting because it's fun and something to do with my hands while watching TV or a movie. Since then I have knitted two more scarves and onto my third. I decided that this time I can't keep all the scarves for myself so I'm knitting them for family and friends.

The first problem I faced when I started knitting again was that I had forgotten how to cast on, so I went on to trusty youtube to watch a video and remember how. Below is the video I found which was very helpful and shows how to cast on very simply. If you want to see other great videos from Knitting tips by Judy then click here for her youtube channel


Once I started I was on a roll! I took my knitting to everyone's places and knitted, knitted, knitted. I even inspired one of my friends to get back into knitting. Below is a picture of me modeling my first scarf I knitted since picking up the needles again.



What hobby have you recently started doing again?


2 comments:

  1. We should have a knitting and crochet date on weekend Miss Sami! I love the colours of your scarf - it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have a little crafty weekend with you! Maybe even bring my polishes and do your nails?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...