Monday, January 21, 2013

Subtle Snow Nails



This is a tutorial of how I did my Subtle Snow nails for the January nail art challenge. To the left is the navy blue I used as a base colour for this mani. This is a gorgeous colour, it's from one of my favourite nail polish brands Chi Chi mainly because their colours are always brilliant and have cool names. This one is called "It's raining men".


This is a picture inside and below is a picture in the sunshine. You might be able to see there's a slight sparkle in this polish.








The next step in this mani is to paint the white tips. Find yourself a eyeshadow sponge brush or even a make up sponge. Paint the sponge with your white nail polish and then dab it on the tips of your nails and slowly work your way up your nail as shown in the below picture.










This was after one application using the eyeshadow sponge but I didn't feel it was snowy enough so I did the same things as before but worked a bit higher up the nail and made the bottom of the nails a brighter white.









So here is a picture after I finished applying the white and I was really happy with how it turned out.


The next step is to get the snowflake dots. To achieve this I used one of my dotting pens. I dripped some white polish onto some cardboard and then dipped the pen into the polish and dotted it onto my nails in a way to make it look like falling snow.


The two pictures below show you how to do it.





This is the final look after I had placed all my dotty snowflakes. I wanted to add that extra bit of sparkle to my nails so I added another one of my ChiChi nail polishes on top.


In the below picture you can see the colour I used on top, it's called "Paparazzi Princess". I took the picture out in the sun so you could see all the sparkles.





Let me know if you give this mani a try and tell me how you went.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...