Sunday, January 20, 2013

The winged kids are Nevermore

Nevermore (Maximum Ride #8) by James Patterson
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
368 pages
Buy it @ Book depository
Released: August, 2012

"One last chance...for Max, Fang, and Dylan...before it all ends.
Are you ready for the final chapter? Are you ready for the ultimate flight? Because THIS IS IT. One last incredible, explosive adventure with an astonishing ending that no one could have seen coming."











Review

My final thoughts after reading this were that I'm a tad disappointed with the ending. I know it would be really hard to try to end a series that has been going for quite some time. I can't tell you if the world gets saved or not because that would ruin everything if you haven't read this. I have to say though that I guess the ending was ok. At one stage I thought Patterson had taken the easy way out by killing off the main character and saying that's the end but luckily he didn't.

I remember the feeling I had when I read the first book in the series, it was exciting and I had never read anything like it before. After about the fourth or fifth book it was starting to lose that charm. With the main plot of each book being about mutant teenagers saving the world, it gets a bit old very quick. So I have to admit I'm glad that the series was coming to an end. Usually for any series ending there's a sense of sadness as you will never read about these characters again or join them on their adventures but I didn't feel sad. I felt like it had run it's course and was ready to end.

I read my review for the previous book Angel and realised how much I really liked it. Unfortunately this isn't how I felt with this one. I've been reading the manga versions of this series and it's been really good, I've enjoyed reliving the past with pictures.

On the cover

For me this cover symbolises the end because it's so washed out and the colours are dull except for the small splashes of red, blood maybe?

What I'm reading next: My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...