Monday, April 29, 2013

In love with Graffiti

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Rating: 5 out of 5 hearts
264 pages
Released: August 2012
Buy it @ book depository

"Let me make it in time. Let me meet Shadow. The guy who paints in the dark. Paints birds trapped on brick walls and people lost in ghost forests. Paints guys with grass growing from their hearts and girls with buzzing lawn mowers."

"It’s the end of Year 12. Lucy’s looking for Shadow, the graffiti artist everyone talks about.

His work is all over the city, but he is nowhere.

Ed, the last guy she wants to see at the moment, says he knows where to find him. He takes Lucy on an all-night search to places where Shadow’s thoughts about heartbreak and escape echo around the city walls.

But the one thing Lucy can’t see is the one thing that’s right before her eyes."



Review

Does it have to end?! This is another Australian book that has completely blown me away! Cath Crowley knows how to write about a character and make them feel so real. The book is told from Lucy & Ed's point of views, it goes back and forwards between them and every now and again there will be a poem from "Poet" (which also tells another side to the story).

I had heard many good things about this book, so I thought it's definitely time to give it a go. I am so glad I finally did because it was amazing and inspiring! In such a short amount of time I was drawn into the story and managed to fall head over heels in love with these weird band of characters. They had me swooning, laughing out loud and heartwarming me all over.

This is one of those extraordianry books that is all about the characters and you feel like the story is weaved in amoung them. I love it when a character can jump off the page and that's how I felt about each and every one of them. What I also noticed was not only did the characters bring this book to life, but the art seemed to bring colour and life to it also. So many of the characters get their inspiration for their art from life experiences and at times the art almost felt like it's own character.

It all seemed to zoom by and I almost feel like I have to read it again to really take everything in.
This is my first Cath Crowley book and after reading this I plan to read as many of her other books that I can find. I recommend everyone read this book!

On the cover

This is so cool! The vibrant yellow on a black background is screaming to be noticed. I love the way the words come spraying out of the can and the title text is awesome, I just love love this cover.

What I'm listening on Audio to next: Eve & Adam by Michael Grant




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...