Monday, August 12, 2013

Flowers & Flocking Powder nails


I've seen people using flocking powder on their nails for a while, so I bought some flocking powder off eBay and I finally decided to give it a go. It took me so long to get round to using my flocking powder because I wasn't sure what to do! My pack has 12 different colours so you can imagine it was difficult to decide.

Finally, I decided to do the mani above. I think light pink and mint green look great together but I wanted to do more. I thought sweet white & pink flowers would just top it off.

I started the flowers by doing the middle part and then the petals. To achieve the middle of the flower I used a dotting tool to blob on orange and once that was dry I did the same step again with yellow. Use a small brush and do small brush strokes to create the flower petals. I did the pink flower petals first and once they were dry I did the white petals.

I watched this great video to get an idea of how to put the flocking powder on my nails. The effect of the powder on the nail is awesome! Unfortunately it didn't last long for me, It lasted only a couple of days until most of it had rubbed off. That won't stop me from doing it again because it's very simple and looks fantastic!

Have you used flocking powder before?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...