Wednesday, January 29, 2014

2013 was a year full of great movies

There were so many movies that I loved last year and there's still some that I haven't got around to watching yet. You'll notice there's been a lot of sequels released this year and I've enjoyed them. Here is a list of all the fantastic movies that I loved and if you haven't seen any of them yet then get on it!

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Needless to say I loved this movie. I am a HUGE fan of Lord of the Rings and I will snatch up any chance there is to be in this world again.



 The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

In one word: Flawless. Catching Fire was so amazing and true to the novel, I can not wait to see what they do with the next two movies. Good for people who may not have read the books. 


We're the Millers

So hilarious and crude at times but it made it all the more funny. I was laughing through the whole movie. I love Jennifer Aniston and she is gorgeous in this, she's done quite a few good comedies lately. 


World War Z

Such an epic movie, so suspenseful! I hate zombies but this wasn't the usual gore zombie movie, it was more of a quiet scary film with an interesting storyline.  



This is the end

This was an unexpected awesome movie. I had heard nothing about this and was surprised at how funny, scary and weird this was. A real favourite and what movie with the Backstreet Boys in it isn't awesome?! 


The Conjuring

WOW this was scary! One of the scariest movies I've seen and I've seen a lot. I hear there is going to be a sequel and I can't wait for that!


Star Trek: Into Darkness

Benedict Cumberbasch kicks butt as a bad guy, he is becoming a favourite guy of mine. I really liked the first Star Trek movie and this one goes one up on that. I don't think I'll ever be a trekkie but I enjoy these movies. 


Elysium

I was surprised by this one. I didn't know much about it and found myself really enjoying the story.  A dystopian type movie with Matt Damon at his best.


Oblivion

Tom Cruise is a great actor, may be a bit of a weirdo in real life but I love his movies. Another dystopian movie that makes you think and appreciate life. 


Epic

What a cute movie. It was funny and had a great message, some really good voice acting and the actors chosen for the characters was great casting. Lots of familiar voices. 


The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

Magical fun and very uplifting. Made me believe in magic, all actors were marvelous in this. Jim Carey is quite strange though... 


Iron Man 3

Is this the end of Iron Man? Robert Downey Jnr is back and so is the suit or should I say suits. There's more laughs, action and evil in this installment of the loved iron man franchise.


The Hangover: Part 3

A great wrap up to this triology, the second wasn't all that great so I was hoping this was better than that. It was and so many funny moments with all our favourite people. 


Warm Bodies

Another zombie movie on my favourites list?! Yes, but it wasn't gory either and there was some romance thrown in. Haven't read the book but want to now. 


Monsters University

We get to see Mike as a child and he is so adorable! This wasn't as good as Monsters Inc. but I still thought it was good. The story was little predictable but it was a great way to show us how Sulley & Mike became best friends. 


Oz the Great and Powerful

The wizard of Oz is a favourite movie of mine and it was lovely to see more of wonderful land of Oz. Lovely colours used and a fantastic story.



What movies are on your favourites list from last year?







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...